The Technical pillar of the Accredited Company Program ensures that companies have staff who have a thorough understanding of the AS/NZ 1288 standard 'Glass In Buildings - Selection And Installation.'
To maintain Accredited Company status a minimum of one(1) staff member must have passed the AGGA AS/NZ 1288 Advanced Exam.
To maximise the number of glaziers who achieve this advanced level of technical understanding, the AGGA has developed a range of educational pathways.
The AS/NZ 1288 Advanced Portfolio is designed so that participants can demonstrate their understanding and ability to apply it in a real work scenario. The portfolio consists of three parts:
- Part 1 consists of 19 multiple choice questions that are used to make an initial assessment of capability
- Part 2 is made up of practical questions that are completed by the aplicant and submitted for assessment
- Finally, Part 3 requires a referee report to be completed by the employer or an industry referee.
There are no prerequisites to complete the portfolio, if the individual is experienced and proficient, they will also have no need to attend any training. Applicants have the option to complete and submit Part 1 for assessment, which is free of charge, to determine if they are ready to complete Part 2.
In order to assist you in obtaining the AS/NZ 1288, AGGA offer the following:
- AS/NZ 1288 Advanced Workshops
- Online Training
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)