Safety is a fundamental pillar of the AGGA Accredited Company Program. In today's business environment, a Safety Management System (SMS) is essential to confidently manage your organisation's workplace health and safety profile.
In order to reduce the worry of legal compliance and help you improve your organisation's Occupational Health and Safety performance, AGGA provides an SMS free of charge to members.
A Safety Management System provides:
- Evidence that your organisation is legally compliant;
- Reduced interruptions to business by ad-hoc reactive attempts at safety management;
- Demonstrated due diligence on behalf of the organisation;
- Reduced costs due to injury treatment, lost time injuries and insurance premiums; and,
- Increased business opportunities.
The AGGA SMS is a solid structure built around the central SMS elements from the Standard AS/NZS 4801. It is simple to tailor to your organisation, and to implement, and is able to be developed to certification if required.
It is set out in 5 sections, each with easily manageable segments to download and complete, and includes guides and explanations.
AGGA's Safety Coordinator is available to provide support for any part of the process you require assistance with.
Participants in the AGGA Accredited Company Program must have an approved SMS in place by June 2018.
For your SMS to be approved by AGGA, you must:
- Have an SMS that is certified to AS/NZS 4801: or
- Have your own SMS validated against AGGA's audit criteria; or
- Download AGGA's SMS, tailor it to your needs, and complete the self-assessment.
For more information on the AGGA Safety Management System click here.
AGGA will review a sample group of self-assessments in order to validate results.
For more information, contact AGGA's Safety Coordinator Will Walker; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8669 0170